delta3d
 Forum Index >  > delta3d Support New Topic Post Reply
 Can't use ODE dWorldStep in delta3d?
Prev Topic Next Topic

greensky01
 03/19/2016 03:23PM (Read 210 times)  

Chatty

Forum User

Hi all, Recently I have been using ODE APIs directly to get contact forces from contact joints; however, the forces I got were not stable at all. Actually, the forces just can't stop fluctuating even though I use a moving average filter. After I did some net search, I know that dWorldStep function could probably solve my problem. But it seems that delta3d only wraps the dWorldQuickStep function, and it's impossible to use dWorldStep unless I modify the source code and re-build everything. Is it true? And if I modified the Step() in the odeworldwrap.cpp, could everything else still work properly? Thanks, William

Profile Email
LEgregius
 03/25/2016 01:24AM  

Admin

Site Admin

No, I don't think it does. Have you tried increasing the substeps? void dWorldSetQuickStepNumIterations (dWorldID, int num); int dWorldGetQuickStepNumIterations (dWorldID);

Profile Email Website
greensky01
 03/25/2016 01:37AM  

Chatty

Forum User

I tried GetScene()->SetPhysicsStepSize(0.004) before, where I set the time-step to be 4 milliseconds, it helps a bit, but there is still strong fluctuation. However, a lower time-step, such as 1~2 ms, results in a slower application. As for the number of iterations you mentioned, how many iterations at most could I ask delta3d to do? Thanks, William

Profile Email
LEgregius
 03/25/2016 02:53AM  

Admin

Site Admin

It's something you'll have to play with, but something

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.48 seconds New Topic Post Reply