delta3d
 Forum Index >  > delta3d Support New Topic Post Reply
 dtRender and Ephemeris
Prev Topic Next Topic

Arisey
 09/23/2014 09:39PM (Read 821 times)  

Forum User

Hello everyone. I'm using the version 2.8 to test some things and seeing this made ​​testApp example, I have a doubt as actor type dtRender be added to make use of Ephemeris in my project. In the example testApp actors dtRender've seen that type added with the BaseMap file but would like to know as from code.

Profile Email
banderegg
 09/24/2014 07:55PM  

Admin

Site Admin

Hi, Thanks for helping with the testing. The dtRender library adds a new environment game actor called the SceneManager which allows for organizing the scene structure into different groups with node masks used to allow different graphics operations to render specific subscenes. To use the Ephemeris Scene you just need to add the Scene Manager and Ephemeris Scene to your map. If you aren't using a map then you can simply create the actors by type using the GM and add them yourself. Did this answer you question? If not please clarify what you would like to do. Thanks, Brad

Profile Email Website
Arisey
 09/24/2014 09:22PM  

Forum User

Ok, thanks for the reply and could add ephemeris from code but would like to know if it is or is there a better way. Me everything works, see the sun, the stars and the moon. I have added clouds and rain but I wonder if so the best implementation fails me or something. This is the code:
PHP Formatted Code

prepareEnvironment() {
        pGameManager -> LoadActorRegistry( "dtRender" );
        dtCore::RefPtr< dtCore::BaseActorObject > proxySM = pGameManager -> CreateActor( "dtRender", "Scene Manager" );
        if( !proxySM.valid() )
                return;

pSM = static_cast< dtRender::SceneManager* >( proxySM -> GetDrawable() );
        pSM -> SetSceneCamera( GetCamera() );
        pEphemerisScene = static_cast< dtRender::EphemerisScene* >( pGameManager -> CreateActor( "dtRender", "Ephemeris Scene" ) -> GetDrawable() );

pSM -> AddActor( *(( dtCore::DeltaDrawable* )pEphemerisScene ));
        pGameManager -> AddActor( *proxySM );

pEphemerisScene -> AddChild( oTerrain.get() );
        pEphemerisScene -> SetVisibility( 100 );

dtCore::RefPtr<dtCore::CloudDome>  cd;
        dtCore::RefPtr<dtCore::CloudPlane> cp[3];

cd = new dtCore::CloudDome(6, 2, 0.7, 0.5, 0.7, 5, 5500.0f, 20);
        cp[0] = new dtCore::CloudPlane(6, 0.5, 6, 1, .3, 0.96, 256, 1800);
        cp[1] = new dtCore::CloudPlane(6, 0.7, 12, 1, .4, 0.95, 512, 1000);
        cp[2] = new dtCore::CloudPlane(6, 0.8, 20, 1, .2, 0.96, 512, 600);

pSM -> AddChild( cd.get() );
//      pSM -> AddChild( cp[ 0 ].get() );

osg::ref_ptr< osgParticle::PrecipitationEffect > precipNode = new osgParticle::PrecipitationEffect();
        precipNode -> setParticleSpeed( 0.4 );
        precipNode -> rain( 0.3 );
//      precipNode -> snow( 0.3 );
        precipNode -> getFog() -> setFogCoordinateSource( osg::Fog::FRAGMENT_DEPTH );
        GetScene() -> GetSceneNode() -> addChild( precipNode.get() );
}

And a little picture of what I have ...

Profile Email
banderegg
 09/24/2014 10:40PM  

Admin

Site Admin

That's great! Typically we create and load multiple maps. The first map loads the scene structure, and in 2.9 (already on the trunk) can have GM Components that is designed to stay loaded when the main map loads and unloads. The main map contains the actual scene geometry and actors which will be un loaded when the 'level' changes. TestApp always loads BaseMap, and then it will load another map as a command line argument. So ideally you make your custom map and then pass it to TestApp and it will load it with the same scene structure used in the demo. If you want to edit the ephemeris (more properties coming shortly) or any of the other scenes (shadows, cubemaps, hdr, water, etc) you can modify BaseMap or make your own. Hope that helps, with any luck we will get around to making tutorials as this stuff is all relatively new.

Profile Email Website
mail863
 05/13/2017 11:25AM  

Forum User

That's great, followed this tutor, I setup my first 3D Scene. However, I still cannot setup oceanscene, could you explain more? Thanks in advance

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.57 seconds New Topic Post Reply