delta3d
 Forum Index >  > delta3d Support New Topic Post Reply
 dtDIS coordinates and dead reckoning.
Prev Topic Next Topic

jdkimball
 11/02/2010 06:36PM (Read 1136 times)  

Forum User

I'm developing a DIS Delta3D application, starting with the testDIS example. The following line sets the incoming coordinate type.

disConfig->GetCoordinateConverter().SetIncomingCoordinateType(dtUtil::IncomingCoordinateType::GEODETIC);

The Entity Location works correctly, but the Entity Orientation acts as if it is still using Euler angles as in the DIS spec. Is this correct? Is there an easy way to send HPR or similar local angles in the PDU?

Also, dead reckoning doesn't work, and I get the following message:
Warn:19:24:54:dtGame::GameActorProxy::ApplyActorUpdate:508>Property "Velocity Vector" was not found on actor type "dtcore.Game.Actors.Game Mesh Actor"

My actormap.xml file calls for dtcore.Game.Actors

I also found a post recommending SimCore.Actors.Platform actors, but substituting this in my actormap.xml file resulted in the following error message:

Warn: 19:31:10:dtDIS::ESPduProcessor::CreateRemoteActor:153>Don't know the ActorType to create for:1.1.222.2.2.3.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Profile Email
ErikJohnson
 11/03/2010 12:55PM  

Forum User

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure, but I think the dtDIS doesn't handle the orientation of the EntityStatePDU according to the DIS specs. I think it's just assuming the incoming packet contains HPR values (in degrees).

Dead Reckoning doesn't just happen out of the box. You will need to enable the dead reckoning components in your application. Also, you will need to tell dtDIS to use an actor that has the ability to be dead reckoned. The "Velocity Vector not found on actor" is an indication that dtDIS is trying to apply the incoming velocity to an actor type that doesn't have that property.

You should be able to tell dtDIS to use a SimCore actor by changing the ActorTypemap.xml file. Note, you will have to list the exact Name and Category of the actor, plus have that actor library loaded into your application.

Hope this gives you some ideas,
Erik

Profile Email
jdkimball
 11/07/2010 12:44AM  

Forum User

Erik;

Thanks for the advice. I've attempted to implement it, but am stuck on the "have that actor library loaded into your application" piece. Excerpts of my actormap.xml file, Config() routine, and resulting error message are shown below. Comments or tips on other things to try would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the relevant section of my actormap.xml:

Platform
SimCore.Actors.Platform

StaticMeshes:ScanEagle.3ds
dunno

My Code:

void TestDISApp::Config()

//setup scene here
dtABC::Application::Config();

// Set up the initial camera location and orientation
dtCore::Transform tx = dtCore::Transform(lat, lon, alt, h, p, r);
GetCamera()->SetTransform(tx);

// Set up a motion model so we can move the camera
mMotion = new dtCore::FlyMotionModel(GetKeyboard(), GetMouse());
mMotion->SetMaximumFlySpeed(1200.0f);
mMotion->SetTarget(GetCamera());

mGameManager = new dtGame::GameManager(*this->GetScene());

//need to set a ProjectContext so the ResouceActorProperty can find the StaticMesh resources
const std::string context = dtUtil::FindFileInPathList("LVCMaps");
dtDAL:roject::GetInstance().SetContext(context);
mGameManager->ChangeMap("MyMap"); //just for something to see
mGameManager->LoadActorRegistry("SimCore");

dtDIS::SharedState* disConfig = NULL;
disConfig = new dtDIS::SharedState(mConnectionXml, mActorTypeMapping);

//Assuming that incoming positions are lat/lon and the local terrain is
//centered around 0,0,0. Note, this doesn't conform to DIS specs.
disConfig->GetCoordinateConverter().SetIncomingCoordinateType(dtUtil::IncomingCoordinateType::GEODETIC);
disConfig->GetCoordinateConverter().SetLocalCoordinateType(dtUtil::LocalCoordinateType::CARTESIAN_FLAT_EARTH);
disConfig->GetCoordinateConverter().SetFlatEarthOrigin(osg::Vec2(0.0f, 0.0f));

mDISComponent = new dtDIS::MasterComponent(disConfig);
mMessageProc = new dtGame:efaultMessageProcessor(); //need this to get messages routed around

//need this to get messages send out to the DIS component, for sending to the network
mNetworkingRouter = new dtGame:efaultNetworkPublishingComponent();

mGameManager->AddComponent(*mDISComponent);
mGameManager->AddComponent(*mMessageProc, dtGame::GameManager::ComponentPriority::HIGHEST);
mGameManager->AddComponent(*mNetworkingRouter);

}

The following message appears in the console after the call to new dtDIS::SharedState(mConnectionXml, mActorTypeMapping);

Error: 19:21:43:Actor Type with name, Platform, was not found in the GameManager.
Warn: 19:21:45:No packet adapter for Message of type 'Actor Create'

Profile Email
ErikJohnson
 11/10/2010 12:00AM  

Forum User

Hmm...not sure what's going wrong. Are you sure the SimCore actor library is being loaded into the GameManager? Double-check to ensure the SimCore actors are actually available from the GM (e.g., you should be able to manually create a SimCore actor).

After that, ensure "Platform SimCore.Actors.Platform" is the valid name of the Actor in SimCore. Temoporarily load the SimCore actor library in STAGE and you can see it as a type of actor to create.

The
PHP Formatted Code
Warn: 19:21:45:No packet adapter for Message of type 'Actor Create'
warning can be ignored. It's just saying that an Actor Create message was received, but there's no dtDIS package mapped to it.

-Erik

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.59 seconds New Topic Post Reply